|Guide to building digital literacies|
- Diigo for shared bookmarking
- Google docs for real-time shared editing of a wide range of document types
- Dropbox for file sharing
- Mendeley for sharing bibliographies
- Elluminate for online conferencing
- Skype for video calls and chatting
- there are many, many more...
This is just one example where we thought about who our clients are and what they're doing and by trying new things were able to come up with a way to support what they need to do and help them do it better. In this example we're building digital literacies in online collaboration, shared bookmarking and cloud based information management. There are many more things our clients need to do that we could support by building digital literacies. Most of all I believe you need to make it fun! How you try to do that is up to you. Some things are easier to make fun than others... but who wouldn't want to play reference list Bingo? Please feel free to share your ideas.